Friday, January 7, 2011

Family Vacation

Today is the day! We're heading out in just over an hour for our first trip with Wyatt. Why do anything half heartedly? How about a 10 day trip! I'm a little nervous about a million little things that could happen over the next 10 days. Will Wyatt like flying? Will he be ok away from home? Thankfully, he's pretty curious and loves to sleep in anyone's arms. Both things should easily be taken care of.

I'm also very excited that we get to take this sort of trip. When I worked at The Navs, we could never take more than 4 days to visit family for Christmas. No more restrictions! Cory has much more vacation saved up, so we're taking full advantage of the time before he starts classes again. Tonight we fly from Denver to Portland, stay the weekend, see lots of friends. Tuesday we drive to Seattle, see more great people, and meet up with Cory's parents. The rest of the time is hanging out in Bellingham. I'm sure we'll miss so many people in the NW. Sorry ahead of time if we don't see you!

The most recent addition to our trip is some job searching for Cory. As parents being far from family is a lot bigger deal than when it was just two of us. The prospect of moving at this point in time is terrifying for me. I am just feeling minimally comfortable with the change from working to motherhood. Adding a cross country move, selling a house, finding a house, and all the other changes that would have to happen seems like too much. If it happens, we'll figure it out, right?

Time to go do the last minute clean up items and feed the little guy before we head out. I'm as ready for this adventure as I'm going to be.

1 comment:

  1. Remember the name of this blog, Denise? No fear is a part of that! You and your family will have a great time! I'm sad I'm going to miss this chance to see you all, but have fun!

    ReplyDelete