Welcome to my blog! After a year of wanting to start, I finally have mustered up the courage and here we are. 2010 was a year of many changes for our family, and 2011 looks to be much of the same. This time around, I'm going to keep track of our milestones - big & little.
As I went through the past year of pregnancy, job stress, and the rest of life, the passage below was my constant prayer. First for myself, a reminder that God has it all under control so I don't have to. Then, it became my prayer for the little guy growing inside me. Confidence in his Savior. If we can give him any gift, that's what I want it to be.
Psalm 112:6-8
Surely the righteous will never be shaken;
they will be remembered forever.
They will have no fear of bad news;
their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the LORD.
Their hearts are secure, they will have no fear;
in the end they will look in triumph on their foes.
Wyatt David LaPlante was born just two short months ago. Together his name means Little Warrior, Beloved. (and of course, a plant, but that's not as poetic, is it?) I continue to pray that he has the confidence to fight whatever life may bring. And more importantly, that his confidence is rooted in the truth that he is beloved. Loved by God. Loved by his parents. Loved by so many!
In order to show him that love and confidence, I need to find it myself. Too often, I overlook it as it sits in front of me. So this year and going forward, I will celebrate the firsts that we've been blessed with. My hope is that I will be able to find the smaller more important firsts as I learn to be a mom. Here goes...
To start, the first blog post!
No comments:
Post a Comment